Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Feeling inspired

Every so often I feel the need to give thanks to those who inspire me to become a better person. Today, I'm feeling very thankful for some very special people in my life and so I am giving thanks to them.

My friend Ursula: She inspires me with her ability to be an amazing mother. I have gone to her for advice on many things, from nursing advice, to medical advice and parenting advice. She approaches parenting with great humility and for anyone who is a parent, parenthood is one great, big lesson in humility.

My parents: They raised my sister and me... need I say more? Despite their differences, they have always been able to come together for the greater good: their children. While Ian and I may not always see eye-to-eye on things, we always have our children's best interest in mind. Thank you for being a wonderful friend and for being an awesome role model.

I aspire to be the best mother I can be for my children. I'm not perfect and I make mistakes. The people mentioned above help me to achieve my goal on a daily basis. They provide me with inspiration with their successes and their "failures." They help me to see that my "failures" aren't the end of the world and that I can learn from my mistakes, so my "failures" are only "lessons learned." Thank you both for keeping your word and raising me to the best of your abilities. 

And I'm finishing this post feeling very inspired and ready to face any challenge that I may face today. And if I should falter, I know it's okay. I will learn from my mistakes and do better next time. 

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Cecilia


No comments:

Post a Comment