Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

For as long as I can remember, we've always spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and this tradition continued this year. Unfortunately my grandparents, Poppy and Ms. Dot, aren't in the best of health, so our usual Christmas Eve dinner at their house has been moved. Last year we went out for dinner and this year we gathered at my Aunt Suzanne and Uncle Brad's house. It was a relatively small gathering, as Ms. Dot, my sister and brother-in-law and cousin and cousin-in-law did not join
us this year. All of that is a really long story, that I will get into at another time.

We enjoyed our traditional Christmas Eve meal of ham, turkey, potato casserole, green beans and oyster dressing. We exchanged presents with one another and Bella received some really nice presents! I think her favorite present was a stuffed Ernie doll given to her by my aunt and uncle. She also enjoyed torturing the two dogs and cat at my aunt and uncle's house, but luckily for them, they did not go home with us. She enjoyed chewing ice with Poppy, her great-grandfather, who is the patriarchal ice chewer in the family. When we got back to my dad's house, she informed Pop that, "Poppy chews 'anye' (ice)." How observant is she?!? I managed to take a few pictures, but the uploading of all pictures will be delayed until I have access to an actual computer and not just an iPhone or iPad.

We got home pretty late and our little trooper watched Winnie the Pooh on the way home. We (well, Bella and I) are now dressed in our annual Christmas pajamas and we're all ready for bed! This is my 4th year of buying myself new pajamas for Christmas and it is Bella's 2nd year... it's a tradition I absolutely love! Santa will most certainly be stopping by Pop's house tonight because everyone in our family has been very good this year. We are so very thankful to be spending the holidays with my family, so whatever is left under the tree is just gravy... although I can't wait to see the look on Bella's face when she wakes up to presents under the Christmas tree!

And with that being said... Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment