Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's the holiday season! And it's underway...

A date night for mom and dad? Yes, please! Last night we attended a holiday party that was posted by a partner at Ian's firm. It was a fabulous party and we both really enjoyed ourselves. I was to catch up with a few friends and I was finally able to meet more of Ian's coworkers. I even met his mentor, who was such a sweetheart and absolutely hilarious! I was reminded by several people, just how awesome Ian really is! He is well respected by the partners and his coworkers and all of his hard work has not gone unnoticed. They assumed that since he was such a great tax consultant, that he was a great father, too. Obviously, they are correct in their assumption and I couldn't say enough good things about Ian as a father AND a husband. It must be nice to be such a well-rounded person, but it is REALLY nice to be married to such a well-rounded person!


Needless to say, we had a late night and we both longed for some good sleep. Ian was up early (as usual) and I ended up sleeping in until nearly 8:30am. When I woke up, the house was neat and tidy, thanks to Ian! Have I mentioned lately how awesome my husband is?!? I hit the ground running with a quick trip to Toys R Us to pick up a a few things for Bella. I had been eyeing up this Alphabet Elmo on amazon.com, but couldn't justify spending $30 for it. I received an email from TRU and they were having a sale so I ended up snagging Alphabet Elmo for $14.99! And while I was in TRU, I picked up the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics and an adorable purse set. I am OFFICIALLY finished shopping for Bella, mark my words. This child has enough gifts under the tree and next to the menorah for several holiday seasons. But I couldn't resist such good deals! 


Despite being super prepared with our holiday cards, I really slacked on getting them into the mail. I have been forgetting to pick up address and return address labels at Target, thanks to pregnancy brain. So we also made a trip to Target and Publix for labels and stamps to finish our holiday cards. We labeled and stamped all 150 of our cards and mailed them off this afternoon. Thank goodness that is behind us! Now all that's left to do is enjoy all of the cards we receive from friends and family!


We trekked back to St. Pete this afternoon for a couple's baby shower for our friends, Kat and Rich. They are expecting their first child in February, just a few days before our friends Lisa and Paul. To add to all the fun and mayhem, they are also expecting a little girl! Yay! We ate, drank and chatted all afternoon and then showered Kat with lots of cute (and pink) things. Before we knew it, we had been at the shower for nearly 6-hours and we decided it was time to head back to Tampa. Prior to getting home, I had to drop Ian off at a bachelor party. He is attending a bachelor party for our friend, Will, who is getting married later this month. Ahh, to be young again! Hopefully it's not too late of a night because I could really use another night of good sleep. Tomorrow, Lisa and I have a busy morning planned of consignment store and baby boutique shopping! I can't wait!


It's been a really great weekend and I'm sad it's slowly coming to an end. Weekends are so wonderful, especially when spent with family and friends. I have a chick flick, couch and some popcorn calling my name, so I'd better get going. Night y'all!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment