Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday hustle and bustle

We have SO MUCH to do this week! It's only Tuesday and I'm already exhausted. I blame pregnancy for my exhaustion because I really I have yet to accomplish much. I suppose being out of town last week didn't help, because I feel like I'm behind on everything. I thought I was really behind on laundry, but I only had two loads to do. I thought my house needs to be cleaned, but it's pretty neat and clean. I thought I had shopping to finish, but all gifts are neatly wrapped under the tree. So what am I forgetting to do?

My "to-do" list beginning tomorrow is a mile long. There's a few odds and ends to pick up before the weekend. The car needs to be dropped off bright and early tomorrow for routine maintenance. I "need" a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow wax at the salon. The house needs to be cleaned before the weekend. And I will be flying solo for much of it, as Ian has work to finish up before he can take a few days off. Umm, what am I forgetting? Oh, I have a 20-month-old to take care of! Thank goodness the babysitter is scheduled to come tomorrow!

The holidays are such a busy time of year, but all the hustle and bustle are worth it. Tonight officially began the holiday season for us, as it is the first night of Hanukkah. We lit the first candle and gave Bella a gift. We decided to give her books for Hanukkah rather than toys and will probably make this a tradition. In my opinion, kids can never have enough books and receiving 8 books during Hanukkah each year will make for a very nice library. Tonight she selected a Mickey Mouse book and has already asked Ian to read it to her twice.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment