Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making the most of a BEAUTIFUL day!

So what do YOU do when you have AMAZING weather and a toddler?!? For us, we head to one of the many things to do in Tampa and since we basically have passes to everything, this meant the zoo today. We also take advantage of the amazing weather by taking marathon naps. What a perfect day!


Bella and I invited our friends Stephanie and Connor to accompany us to the zoo today. The weather was gorgeous and the zoo was deserted, so it was really a perfect day. The kids were able to do all of their favorite things, including a ride on the carousel and the train. We were even able to take the safari tour, which is a very popular attraction and is usually filled up by the time we get there. The kids had fun and were pretty tuckered out by the time we headed out around lunch time. In fact, both Bella and Connor fell asleep in the car and took a quick nap before we ate lunch at Steak and Shake*. 


I didn't bring my real camera today since we were just at the zoo, but I was able to take a few pictures with my trusty iPhone. All in all, it was a perfect day. The kids were in good moods, Stephanie and I were in good moods and the weather was absolutely beautiful. There is nothing like quality time with good friends to make a day really feel complete. 


Well, I have a few things to finish preparing for our annual holiday play date and cookie exchange. I have a book to wrap for our book exchange with the kids, which is probably my favorite thing about tomorrow's play date. Bella loves books and we love to add new books to our repertoire. I finally finished my arts and crafts project and I think the moms and kids will all be impressed with it. And I have a few things to finish preparing for lunch, including a batch of turkey noodle soup. Yum! Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE play date Thursdays?!? 


So this mama is going to finish up a few things and head to bed. Ian is due home tonight, but won't be getting home until midnight. He has been in Dallas since Sunday and we have missed him! Too bad Bella won't get to see him until tomorrow morning, but she will be excited to see her beloved daddy! And I'm pretty excited to see him, too. Nighty night y'all!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2


*Steak and Shake is definitely not my favorite place to eat, but there are always coupons and I was craving a mint chocolate chip milkshake. And in case I haven't mentioned it before, I am lactose intolerant. So I definitely paid for my indulgence later, but was able to take a nap to give my digestive system a chance to recover. During nap time, it started raining which made for perfect napping weather. Bella took a 3-hour nap and I took a 2-hour nap, so the rain most certainly provided some calm and soothing background noise.
We're going on a safari!
Sleepy head.

2 comments:

  1. Steak and Shake is the one thing from my childhood in southern Illinois that I truly miss living in Maryland. I am totally jealous that you got to eat there yesterday, although I am sorry your tummy was angry at you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistake and Shake, really?!? LOL!!! You, Adam and my future son-in-law are welcome to come visit any time!!! =)

    ReplyDelete