Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back from Boca

We took a quick weekend trip to Boca Raton this weekend to visit with family and attend a memorial service for Ian's great-aunt who passed away in December. 

I was really looking for to the trip until I woke up Saturday morning. I woke up sick as a dog and felt awful! I laid on the couch and attempted to rest as much as possible before we left. I told Ian that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it, as Boca Raton is nearly 3.5 hours from here and I wasn't sure I'd last that long in the car. A guilt trip of a man driving across the state by himself with a baby in the backseat was soon laid and I was determined to go on the trip. Around noon we decided that I felt well enough to go and we hit the road. 

As the trip progressed, the worse I felt. Luckily Bella and I were able to take a nap for about an hour and we arrived in Boca Raton just before dinner time. We checked into our hotel room and rested for a bit. Ian and Bella then left with the rest of the family to attend a dinner at a cousin's house. I stayed behind in the hotel room and slept. I felt so achy and feverish, so my sleep wasn't very sound, but it was rest nonetheless. Ian and Bella returned just in time for Bella to go to bed, but since I was sick and unsure of what was wrong, we decided it was best for Bella to sleep in Grandma Ruth's room. Apparently Bella didn't enjoy her accommodations and woke up during the night. Ian and Bella attended the memorial service in Deerfield Beach on Sunday morning and Bella even participated in the service. She placed a stone on Aunt Helen's headstone, which is a Jewish tradition performed to let the deceased know you came by to visit them. Everyone returned to the hotel to pick me up and head over to a cousin's house for brunch. We visited with family that we hadn't seen since our wedding and we hit the road by early afternoon. Bella was an absolute angel in the car and we all survived our quick trip to Boca Raton. 

I'm happy to report that I'm feeling remarkably better, although I'm unsure as to what exactly was wrong this weekend. A 24-hour bug? Perhaps. The flu? Maybe. I guess we'll never know. I'm just thankful I'm feeling better.

We have a sleeping baby and a movie to watch, so I'd better get going. The upcoming week promises to be a very hectic but fun week. 

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment