Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vitamin D

Since early February, we have been dealing with illness after illness. We're sick and tired of being sick and tired!


First, Bella had a nasty case of pink eye and we were prescribed her first antibiotic... eye drops. The girl is nearly one-year-old and has never been on antibiotics. I wasn't able to breastfeed and Bella received breast milk via bottles, per her choice. I pumped for quite some time and tried to get as much breast milk in her as I possibly could. I literally pumped myself dry in order to ensure she received as much breast milk as humanly possible. This little triumph in the land of illness is HUGE for me. My child has not had ONE ear infection, which is contrary to popular breastfeeding folklore.


Then Bella turned her nasty little bout of pink eye into a cold. A cold that she shared not only with me, but Grandma Ruth. A cold that none of us have been able to fully overcome. A cold that sent me to the doctor not once, but twice. A cold that we are still apparently battling...


Last week Bella spent a day in the ER and a morning in the pediatrician's office. She was diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Super. Just super. We spent the week at home and were social outcasts. Awesome. Just awesome. 


Then... oh yes, there is yet another THEN... Bella had a runny nose and a cough which she was so kind enough to share with me. It knocked me on my butt, yet again and I give up! Yes, I give up! Germs, you win! The Lashers lose! We're not worthy, we're not worthy! Please accept this as our white flag and we surrender. We are so sick and tired of being sick and tired that we surrender! 


As I write this tonight, I finally feel like a human again. Bella finally feels human again. We spent the day with friends at the Strawberry Festival and it felt great. The vitamin D we absorbed from the hot Florida sun did our bodies good. We finally feel human again! Yay! 


All of this being said... goodnight folks. The Lashers will be resting tonight and taking it easy, until our next big adventure begins!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment