Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lunch Dates and Shopping...

Today Bella and I were back in our normal routine! We have been out of the loop for so long and it felt great getting back to it. Feeling "normal" is something we have forgotten over the last month or so and we are so thankful to be healthy again. Lunch and shopping with friends is something Bella and I like to do and we do it often. I guess it's what we do best! 


We had a lunch date with Miss Stephanie and Connor. We wanted to go to Joann Fabrics afterwards, so we decided to go to Cheddar's. This isn't my favorite place to take Bella, but I enjoy their food and it was close to our after lunch destination. Cheddar's isn't exactly baby friendly and the service we received today was poor to say the least. Despite these little setbacks, I think everyone enjoyed themselves and the kids were very well behaved. The kids were so well behaved, as we were leaving, a table of older folks complimented Miss Stephanie and I on how well behaved our children were. Naturally we smiled and thanked them, but it was a nice little boost for our egos to say the least. This isn't the first time we've been together with the kids and received compliments either... just sayin'. 


Very rarely do moms receive compliments from complete strangers. Usually the only thing moms receive are dirty looks and deep sighs. I know I've rolled my eyes at kids misbehaving in public and I've sighed many a sigh at screaming kids in restaurants. For all the eye rolls and sighs I've given, I don't deserve to receive such nice compliments from people. I'm sure I've received my share of eye rolls and dirty looks, but as a mom, you learn to take the good with the bad. 


Our trip to Joann Fabrics was not as inspiring as I thought it would be. I thought I'd find a bunch of cute stuff for Bella's birthday party but I walked out empty handed. Nothing jumped out at me and it was really disappointing. I plan to hit up Michael's some time this week, so perhaps I'll find some inspiration there. Bella's birthday party is coming together nicely and we're getting very excited about the upcoming milestone! 


Well, I'm off to bed because tomorrow we have a playdate/birthday party at the park and our new babysitter starts tomorrow. Wish us luck! 


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment