Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Can I Get a Do-Over, please?

Have you ever had one of those days when EVERYTHING seems to go wrong? Today, I am having one of those days. I'm in desperate need of a do-over.


Let me begin by saying, I love Bella very much and I love being able to stay at home with her, but days like today make it very difficult for me to enjoy this luxury. Bella has been extremely fussy this week and today is no exception. She woke up twice last night but managed to get herself back to sleep after a few minutes. When she woke up for the day, she was crying, which is not like her and I knew that today was going to be a very long day. Bella usually plays very well by herself and can entertain herself while I wash dishes or start a load of laundry... usually. Today she whined while I washed dishes and cried when I went outside to let the dogs inside. She fought her morning nap AND her afternoon nap. And, when I woke Bella up from her afternoon nap, she was not happy. She screamed and screamed, until I handed her to Ian and she fine. While playing with Bella on the floor, she was very rough with me and tried to head butt me several times. What happened to my sweet baby girl? 


Okay, that's more than enough complaining. On a positive note, Bella is Army crawling like crazy. She loves crawling on the tile and is quite efficient. Her mobility means she gets into everything. Her favorite places to crawl include one of the surround sound speakers and the door stopper by the front door. She also enjoys watching the dogs through the sliding glass door when they are outside. Today she was "yelling" at them and banging on the window when they would bark. I have no idea where she learned this... umm, yes I do, as she has probably seen me do it a million times.


When Ian was the only one who was able to console her this evening, for a moment, my feelings were actually hurt. It was like mommy wasn't good enough for her and the more I tried to console her, the more upset she got. I quickly got over this when I saw the smile that came across her face once Ian picked her up. I do love the bond she and Ian share and I'm glad he was there to wipe away her tears. I always knew she would be daddy's little girl and man, does she have him wrapped around her little finger!


Busy season is in full swing and Ian has been getting pulled in multiple directions at work. Tonight he has been working at home and estimates he will most likely be working until at least midnight. I teased him at dinner and suggested that maybe he should learn better time management skills. I think I offended him, but I assured him that I was merely teasing him. Ian juggles work and home very well and does so much around the house. He helps out with Bella, chores and other things that pop up. Bella is thankful for such a great daddy and I am thankful for such a great husband. 


Well, that pretty much sums up our day. Bella is asleep and I am right behind her. Unfortunately, Ian will be working late and his date with the sand man will be delayed. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better moods for Bella and me. Here's to hoping...


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment