Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Let's Give a Round of Applause to...

Bella deserves a round of applause today. She has been such a sweetheart today and has given me a day to catch up on my life. My poor, feverish, snotty baby girl has been an absolute angel today. Not only did she sleep in until 7am, but she took a 2.5 hour nap from 10am-12:30pm! What a treat! After the rather restless night of sleep she had last night, I woke up today thinking that today was going to be a bear, but it wasn't and I am so very thankful. She played so well by herself this afternoon, I nearly forgot to put her down for her afternoon nap. She even went down for her afternoon nap without much of a fight and soothed herself to sleep. Thank you Bella!


Bella's napping and overall good behavior gave me time to organize our babysitter search. Today we received an application from a very nice, young woman and I have made plans to meet with her on Friday. We communicated back and forth today via email and she promptly answered every question I posed. She didn't have a background screening completed, but without asking, she completed a background screening through the website. She is really on the ball and I'm very excited to meet with her on Friday. We have high expectations for the new babysitter, as we were really spoiled by Miss Lauren. Hopefully the new babysitter can live up to these expectations. 


Since Miss Lauren told us she was moving, I've been filled with doubt and worry. I doubt that we will be able to find anyone as caring and trustworthy as she and I worry that I'll make a mistake in hiring a new babysitter. It's a different today than when I was growing up and I have to be very selective in hiring a babysitter. It took us nearly a month to get comfortable with Miss Lauren and I worry about starting the process all over again. I know I shouldn't worry and I should follow my instincts, but it's not that easy. Bella deserves the best and in our absence, she deserves the very best care. No one can take care of Bella like we can, I just want the same reassurance that Miss Lauren has given when taking care of Bella these past few months. 


I'm on borrowed time and I really need to start dinner because Ian will be home soon. We're having tacos tonight, so there isn't much preparation or clean up. I really enjoy meals that can be easily prepared and easily cleaned up. Oh, we're going to return to Dinner Done! in a few weeks and we'll have some new meals that are quick, easy and delicious... usually. 


Today has been a fabulous day and I just wanted to share it with everyone. Hope y'all have had a day as fabulous as mine. 


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment