Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back in the groove

After a week away from home, today was my first day back at home with Bella. It was a long day, but it was a really good day. It felt good to be refreshed and I felt ready to take on anything. Fortunately, Bella was a perfect angel and the day went really smooth. I am very thankful for days like today, because as a stay-at-home-mom, you have your good days and your bad days, like any job. Throughout the past 16-months, I've learned to cope with the bad days and appreciate the good days. 


Ian had to fly to Atlanta this morning for a meeting. Luckily it was only a day trip and he would fly home after the meeting. He left the house before anyone else was awake, including the dogs! Bella and I slept until 8am and had a productive morning. We ate breakfast, played, ran to Target and did multiple loads of laundry (which are folded and put away). Due to Bella sleeping until 8am, she didn't take her usual morning nap, but crashed about an hour after she normally goes down. She ended up taking a 3.5 hour nap, which allowed me to catch up on housework and my beloved DVR. 


When Bella woke up from her nap, we ate lunch and played some more. Coloring is quickly becoming one of Bella's favorite activities! She's quite the little Picasso, if I do say so myself! We played until it was time to go to the gym. As soon as the child care center opened for the afternoon at the YMCA, I dropped Bella off so I could work out. Bella loves going to the YMCA and playing with all of their toys. Like I mentioned in a previous post, she loves the Little Tikes treehouse so she was more than happy to play when I dropped her off. I worked out for a little over an hour (which by the way, felt AWESOME) and went to pick Bella up from the child care center. When I arrived, she was hard at work in the little make-believe kitchen area... perhaps I have a future stay-at-home-mom on my hands?!? At first, she didn't want to leave, but once she saw me, she had the biggest smile on her face! 


When we got back to our neighborhood, we stopped by the McGill's house for an impromptu play date. We haven't seen Sara or the girls in awhile, so the girls quickly took to playing in the family room while Sara and I caught up. We stayed for almost two hours! But daddies and dinner time take precedence over play dates, at least for today. We came home and played some more until Ian got home. We didn't eat dinner until almost 8pm, which meant we had a pretty tired toddler due to her altered nap schedule. Bath time and bed time followed soon there after, for all of us. Bella was in bed by 8:30pm and Ian and I will be in bed by 9pm. Everyone was exhausted from either traveling or playing all day!


And, tomorrow is F-R-I-D-A-Y! We have a fun weekend planned, including our 4th annual couples fantasy football league draft with our good friends. It will be nice to see everyone because we don't get together nearly often enough! And for the record, I think I will be keeping Michael Vick as my QB... as we play in a keeper league. Speaking of which, I'm totally unprepared for Sunday's draft and I've got research to do tomorrow! Can you tell I'm really looking forward to a weekend with good friends?!?


It was nice to be back in the swing of things. I've missed being home and I've really missed Bella. We had a great day today and I look forward to doing it all again tomorrow! Goodnight.


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment