Monday, August 29, 2011

Functionality

Do you ever wake up in the morning and think to yourself, "How am I going to function today?" Recently, I've had several mornings when I questioned my ability to function for the day, but each day, I've managed to make the most out of each day.


Sunday morning was one of those mornings, due largely in part to the lack of sleep from the night before. The storm was quite loud and kept me awake for most of the night. Add roaming cats and barking dogs to the mix and the sleep I planned to get was all but lost. An early morning with Bella didn't help either, although the extra snuggle time definitely made up for the lack of sleep. But, I made it through the day! Last night I planned to go to bed as soon as Bella went to bed. Obviously that didn't happen, as Ian and I needed some quality time together. We watched a bit of television and chatted until I went up to bed and returned to work. This has been our routine for the past few weeks and November cannot come soon enough. Hopefully in November, we can take a little time to relax... fingers crossed!


This morning I slept in until almost 9am! When Ian came in to wake me up, I was fast asleep. I really didn't want to get up, but Ian needed to get to work and I needed to tend to Bella. I should mention that Bella slept until almost 8am, so we all definitely needed the extra rest. Bella's nap schedule was off today, so I eagerly anticipated her morning and afternoon naps. During her morning nap, I did a few loads of laundry and began packing. During her afternoon nap, I also took a nap and we both slept until 6pm! And now it's almost 10pm and Bella is fast asleep and I am not too far behind. Again, I made it through the day! 


I hope for the sake of Ian and Bella, I am refreshed and ready to go in the morning. We have a LONG day of driving ahead of us, which I am dreading. If flights weren't so unreasonable, I'd definitely book myself a flight for tomorrow and leave the driving to Ian. Oh well, at least Bella and I have a few movies to watch in the car... yay! Well, I'd better finish up the last load of laundry and finish packing. We're hoping to be on the road by 8am... boo! Goodnight y'all!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment