Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary... to us!

Greetings from the land of NASCAR and BBQ! 


Ian and I celebrated three years of wedded bliss today. Last year I took y'all on a trip down memory lane with a recap of our first 5-years together. Not much has changed within the last year, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been wonderful. Three years have flown by and our lives have changed significantly. Ian works for a new accounting firm and I quit my job to stay at home to raise Bella. We usually go away to celebrate and this year was no different. Although the past two anniversaries were celebrated, just the two of us, this year we mixed it up a bit. For our third wedding anniversary, we celebrated in Charlotte, North Carolina with our darling daughter, Bella. 


Ian has been traveling to Charlotte every now and then to service his main client. This time Bella and I accompanied him for the trip. During the day, while Ian worked, Bella and I hit up the local mall. I googled "best mall in Charlotte" and SouthPark Mall was the first hit. I checked out the list of stores and knew it would be right up our alley. There was a Janie & Jack and Pottery Barn Kids, what more could I ask for? We spent most of the day at the mall and took our time browsing all the fun stores. After our trip to the mall (and a VERY quick nap for Bella), we returned to the hotel for a quick swim in the indoor pool. After a bath (for Bella) and a shower (for me), we waited for Ian to get back so we could go out to dinner.


Through recommendations of Ian's coworkers, we ate at a restaurant in uptown Charlotte, called Mimosa. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we were able to walk from the hotel to the restaurant. Charlotte is a neat little city and it was cool to see it all lit up at night. The food was pretty good and the majority of the food on the menu was organic, which was pretty cool. Bella slept in her stroller for most of the meal, which was nice and we took advantage of the weather and sat outside. We chatted and caught up with one another, which was really nice. The walk back to the hotel was the perfect way to end the night and the cool breeze made it very enjoyable. We didn't do anything elaborate or over the top, but we celebrated our anniversary in a special way. We celebrated it together and we kept with our tradition of going out of town. 


We leave Charlotte tomorrow and I couldn't be happier. While it was fun to play in a new city for a few days, it is no picnic to share a hotel room with a toddler and two Dachshunds. Oh, and I forgot to mention we drove. Yes, we drove 588 miles to Charlotte and all five of us survived! I think out of everyone, I was the most restless, as I do not travel well in the car. I'm more of a "hurry up and get there" traveler and I usually make every effort to get to the destination the quickest way possible. Bella was an absolute angel on the drive to Charlotte and I expect no less from her on the way home. We are so thankful to have a child who travels well.


Anyway... so here is to three years of holy matrimony and many more to come! Happy 3rd wedding anniversary to us!


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella





No comments:

Post a Comment