Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Too much time on my hands

I've been in Baltimore for almost a week and now that things have finally been sorted out, I can officially say that I am bored! I never thought I'd be bored, but I really am. I don't have loads of laundry to do, sippy cups to wash or diapers to change. I'm trying to enjoy this down time, but it's easier said than done. 


I've been working on my dad's house and trying to get it ready for when he comes home. I'd like for his house to be organized and clean, that way he won't have to worry about it. For me, I enjoy returning home to a clean house. Whenever we leave town, I always clean the house before we leave. The thought of returning to a house with toys all over the floor, dirty dishes in sink or laundry in the hamper stresses me out. Hopefully my dad appreciates the hard work I've put into getting his house organized and clean.


On a side note, my dad lives in a 2-story house. This means (for all your southerners) you walk in to the middle floor. On the middle floor, there is the living room, dining room and kitchen. Upstairs there are bedrooms and a bathroom. Downstairs there is the basement and a bathroom. That means whenever I need to do laundry, I have to schlep down two flights of stairs to do it. I think I lost about 10 pounds running up and down the stairs to do laundry!


I also managed to do a little shopping for Bella while I've been up here. I took advantage of the 1% difference in sales tax and a 25% off coupon at Carters. I stocked up on pajamas and managed to find a bargain on the clearance rack with two-piece pajama sets for $1.49! Can't beat that! I also went to a local sports shop and picked up Bella a few Ravens and Orioles items. It's so nice to see purple and black and orange and black on the racks instead of pewter and red or blue and gold. Go Ravens and Orioles!


There isn't much else going on in the land of crab cakes and Natty Boh. I miss Bella and Ian so much. I can't wait to get home and love all over that baby! I booked my flight home for Wednesday and I am eager to get home. Until then, I'll do my best to enjoy the peace and quiet... oh, and the sleeping in! 


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment