Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bug Bites and Diaper Rash

Our household has been plagued with bug bites and diaper rash, well not so much the entire household, but Bella has been plagued with these two skin irritations. My poor baby girl has several bug bites and a fierce looking diaper rash. So what's a concerned mama to do?!? This mama turns to MotherLove products.

At my baby shower, I received several tubes of diaper rash cream, in the form of Bourdreaux's Butt Paste and Desitin. I used these products religiously, at every diaper change, to prevent diaper rash. Thankfully Bella's bum remained diaper rash free until she was about 9-months-old so I thought these products were good. It wasn't until Bella actually had diaper rash that I discovered just how ineffective these products were at clearing up diaper rash. Not to mention the awful and not-so-natural ingredients!

It was at this point that I turned to more natural remedies for diaper rash. I purchased California Baby Diaper Area Wash and used the product, along with a soft wash cloth, in place of baby wipes. This stuff isn't cheap, but gave Bella's bum almost instant relief. Within a day or two the diaper rash was practically gone, but I knew that this wouldn't prevent diaper rash. 

I then turned to MotherLove Diaper Rash & Thrush Ointment and I haven't looked back since. Within hours of applying the ointment to Bella's bum, the redness and irritation all but disappeared. This stuff is truly amazing and I swear by it. I have driven 15+ miles to Whole Foods and Abby's in Tampa to buy the wonder ointment in order to combat diaper rash. I will warn y'all that the price for a 1-ounce jar is about $10, but it is worth every penny. The ingredients are all natural and are so basic that you can literally eat the stuff... and apparently it tastes good because our dog, Kaiser, ate almost an entire jar during a mishap at bath time in a matter of seconds. The ingredients are easily pronounced and are things I've actually heard of: extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, oregon grape root, myrrh gum, yarrow herb and calendula flower. It received a score of "0" on the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, which is the best score a product can receive. 

Another great thing about MotherLove Diaper Rash & Thrush Ointment is that you can use it on any skin irritation. During the winter, Bella gets chapped cheeks (on her face) and this stuff cleared it up within a day. Bella also suffers from eczema and when she has really bad patches, I apply the ointment and her skin is almost instantly soothed. Most recently, Bella had several bug bites and once I applied the ointment to the bug bites, the size and redness of each bite decreased significantly! There hasn't been one skin irritation that didn't improve when I used the stuff... it rocks!

Okay, I will now step down from my soap box, but not without saying, try MotherLove Diaper Rash & Thrush Ointment... you will not be sorry!

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment