Friday, October 21, 2011

Some well-deserved R&R!

Bella and I had a VERY busy day yesterday. So today, while Bella is with Grandma Ruth, I am going to relax! Unfortunately, I have a house that needs to be cleaned, laundry that needs to be put away and a huge pile of mail that needs to organized. Why is there always so much to do when you return from being out of town?!?

Our day started with Bella's first dentist appointment. The child as all of her teeth, with the exception of her second molars. The dentist said we should be expecting those any time between now and the age of 3. She also said that Bella is advanced for her age in terms of teeth so we should expect to see those molars sooner rather than later. I asked the dentist if we were crazy for bringing our 18-month-old to the dentist and she was adamant that it was a great thing to do. She said early exposure to the dentist will help alleviate the fear associated with going to the dentist for children. Bella was a trooper and allowed the dentist to do everything she needed to do, which included an oral exam, a little scaling, a thorough brushing, a quick flossing and fluoride application. We just need to improve our brushing efforts and pay more attention to Bella's gums. Other than that, Bella's teeth are just great and we'll take her back in 6-months.

On a side note... I arrived at the dentist 15 minutes prior to our appointment to ensure the front desk could get Bella into the system and process our insurance. So much for arriving early because we waited for a long time. Our appointment was at 10am and we didn't get called to go back until almost 10:30am! I was on the verge of walking out when we were called to go back. Luckily the dental technicians and the dentist were amazing and Bella's first dental exam was a success. She received a new pink toothbrush, toothpaste and she was able to select a toy out of the treasure chest. They were so lucky the actual exam went so well because I never would have returned to that office. I just know for next time, not to show up early for an appointment.

We then drove to Apollo Beach for a play date at Stephanie and Connor's house. It was our usual Thursday play date and I was really looking forward to it. We haven't been able to attend a play date in almost a month because of doctors appointments and our travel schedule. Bella must have missed all of her little friends because she quickly began playing and talking with everyone. I must have missed all of my friends because I was so chatty! I had so much to catch up on with everyone and I think I talked pretty much the entire time we were there. I guess that's what happens when you don't see your friends for a few weeks! Next week Bella and I will be hosting a Halloween themed play date and we're really looking forward to it.

After the play date, we hit the road and headed to West Chase. I had been selected to participate in a diaper survey at Heakin Research at Citrus Park Mall, so that was our first stop. Fortunately, the 45-minute drive allowed more than enough time for Bella to catch up on some sleep. Too bad, I couldn't have napped because I was exhausted! After her nap, Bella was in a great mood and enjoyed walking around the mall for awhile. After picking up the diapers, we had some time to kill before we met Grandma Ruth. We walked around the mall and then headed to Grandma Ruth's house. Silly me forgot the keys to Grandma Ruth's house so we waited for a few minutes in her driveway. I caught up with Grandma Ruth and then headed out. A long day of running around made for one tired mama!

Since we were Bella-less, Ian and I went out for dinner. We wanted to go somewhere we haven't been in awhile, so we went to the Italian Kitchen on 301. Obviously we won't be bringing Bella to an Italian restaurants any time soon, so we made the most of our dinner with delicious Italian food. We ordered a caprese salad and it was probably the best I've ever had! In fact, everything was really good... and I can't wait to go back.

Well, I'm going to finish watching the Today Show and bum around the house this morning. On a positive note, I found a (normal) buyer for my steam mop and I'm supposed to meet her late this morning. At least that's productive, right?

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment