Sunday, October 16, 2011

"Everybody needs a little time away..."

With Ian working 80-hour weeks and being out of town, I've had very little time to myself. This isn't unusual, as I am a stay-at-home-mom but usually I have a few minutes each day to myself when Ian is home. Ian almost always handles bed time and morning time because he really enjoys bonding with Bella during their bath, book, bed routine and I am not a morning person. It's a nice break for me and Ian and his mini-me enjoy their special time together. What a great father and husband... Bella and I really lucked out!

While Ian was working like a crazy person or out of town (working like a crazy person), Bella and I spent all day, every day together. Out of bed every morning by 8:00am and back in bed every night by 8:30pm was our schedule. I took over the bath, book, bed routine and also got up with Bella in the morning. It was a good dose of humility for me and it renewed my admiration appreciation for having such a great husband. I often forget how hard Ian works and how much he helps around the house. Not all husbands/fathers do this, or so I've learned. It's pretty sad that not all husbands help their wives around the house or spend as much time with their children as Ian does. Whenever I've asked him about how he manages it all and he simply says, "I can't imagine not doing it all." He was raised well (thanks to Grandma Ruth) and he is very dedicated to each role he has. He does it all, he does it well and he does it because he loves us. Okay, enough about how wonderful Ian is... and hopefully all the praise doesn't go to head!

27-4 mommy duty is exhausting, especially when you're pregnant. The first trimester was a bit rough for me with the constant nausea, vomiting and back pain. I am thankful to be feeling almost 100% since beginning the second trimester and I am hopeful that those days of feeling like a zombie are behind me... at least until the third trimester! I could have used the extra energy while Ian was working like mad, that's for sure. Some how, some way, we managed to make it through the first trimester and a hellish busy season.

So while Ian was gone, for almost 2-weeks, I kept very busy. My friend Jamie and her boyfriend Jesse spent a long weekend with us and I planned a trip to Maryland. Ian returned home yesterday and Bella and I will return home tomorrow evening. Spending time with family has been great. I've really appreciated the extra help from my parents, Pop and Dee Dee and wouldn't have been able to get through the past week without them. Pop got up every morning with Bella so I could sleep in and Dee Dee took Bella for a night so I could have some time to relax. I definitely needed a little time for myself... and I finally slept really well  last night. Pop and I are going to pick Bella up from Dee Dee's house and head up to Frederick to visit more family. Having some many aunts and cousins makes for built-in babysitters, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy some more relaxation this afternoon.

But anyway... I am so grateful for the extra help and time for myself this past week. I've been really spoiled these past few months in that I've been able to spend a great deal of time with my family. But I won't have to wait too long to see my family again, as Pop will be down for Thanksgiving! He booked his flight this week and will be spending over a week with us. He even offered to help us organize, paint and prep Baby #2's room... yay! Maybe Dee Dee will be down some time before the Baby #2 arrives?!?

I'm feeling very blessed and very lucky today. I'm blessed with an amazing and supportive family in both Maryland and Florida. I'm blessed with an amazing husband. Bella is blessed with an amazing father. And for those things, I am thankful.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment