Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Big Sister Bella

Bella is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!

It's been an exciting couple of months around our house! We learned in early August that our little family of three will be expanding to a family of four! Yup, it's true... I'm 12-weeks pregnant and we're expecting baby #2 next April! The official due date is April 17th, 2012. Which is funny because it's the day after Bella's original due date.


And it's true what they say about each pregnancy being different. When I was pregnant with Bella, I was plagued with occasional nausea, but only vomited twice my entire pregnancy. So far, I've been nauseous pretty much all day, every day and I've vomited more times than I can remember. I've been surviving by taking Phenegran and Zofran, two prescription anti-nausea medications. And not to complain, but the exhaustion, heartburn and back pain I've been experiencing have really taken the pep out of my step. I'm hoping that the second trimester (and maybe even part of the third trimester) is much kinder to me and I can return to a being a fully functional human being.


But all things considered, I'm doing very well and baby #2 is doing very well, too! We've had the opportunity to see baby #2 via ultrasound three times so far and seeing that tiny little guy or gal, never ceases to amaze me. Speaking of which, I have no feeling one way or the other of the gender of this baby. Part of me wants a little sister for Bella, but part of me also wants a little brother for Bella. So place your bets ladies and gentlemen... will baby #2 be a boy or a girl? Either way we are excited to be welcoming another bundle of joy and cannot wait for he/she to arrive. Only 28 more weeks...


And today Bella is 18-months-old... can you believe it? It seems like only yesterday we were anticipating her arrival and now she's a busy toddler. She is going to make a great big sister! Happy 18-months Isabella Eve!!!


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella and Baby #2

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for y'all! I'm hoping you feel better soon! I'm six months and still get sick everyday-blah! I'm so off on picking boy or girl, but I do know how completely over the moon my husband is about a boy-it's a blessing either way. I cant wait for updates! Three ultra sounds, I'm so jealous! I've only had three and don't get my next until 36 weeks. Sending all my best to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! And I'm thinking its a boy... I have no basis for that opinion, but either way it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! We are pretty darn excited! This pregnancy is kicking my ass. Compared to this pregnancy, being pregnant with Bella was a breeze! I've had three u/s only because one was included during a trip to the ER about a month ago. Other than that, I've had the 8 week u/s to confirm and the 12 week NT scan. I'll have another at 20 weeks to determine the gender and then I think we'll do a "boutique" u/s again at Meet the Baby. That was fun.

    I have no preference on gender... although it'll be much cheaper if we have another girl, considering I have 2 years worth of clothing stored away. =)

    ReplyDelete