Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same..."

Have you ever been put in a position where you had to do something that was extremely difficult, but you had to do it, because it was the right thing to do?


Today I was put in such a position and struggled to make the right decision. The who, what, where, why and when are not important. And regardless of the all the details, I was forced to choose between a friend and an acquaintance. Initially, I chose the acquaintance because it was the easiest thing to do. I immediately questioned my decision because something did not feel right and my heart felt very heavy. After several minutes, a brief discussion with Ian and a very insightful text message, I quickly realized what I had done was not right. Rather than live with my initial decision, I worked just as quickly to remedy the situation.


As soon as I completed my necessary phone calls, I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I knew I had done the right thing and I felt confident in my decision... even if it wasn't my initial decision. I had done the right thing, which was also the hardest thing and I was okay with that. 


It's not always easy to do the right thing, especially when it's difficult. I am so thankful that I had the conscious and confidence to right my wrong. It wasn't easy and it definitely wasn't pretty, but in the end, it felt right. I don't know what got into me, but I'm sure glad I was able to right my wrong. 


Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same... but it's up to us as human beings to do what is right, even when it's difficult. 


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment