Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Change of plans

Last week our play group planned a trip to the aquarium, so when we woke up this morning we were planning on meeting our friends at the aquarium. Bella woke up at 7am and so her morning nap would occur around 10am, however we were meeting our friends at 11:30am, so I put her down at 9:30am. She fought her nap for about 15 minutes and finally fell asleep. I was planning on waking her up by 10:45am so that we could make it by 11:30am. Well apparently we weren't the only family experiencing a crazy morning, so our plans fell through. I figured Bella would take her usual 2-hour nap, but she had other plans and was awake by 10:30am. We were without plans for the day, so I decided we would do a little retail therapy.


Like I mentioned the other day, Gymboree was having their "gymbucks" redemption sale, so we headed to the mall. They recently released new collections that were absolutely adorable! There was also a bunch of stuff on sale from older collections which was super cute. Before sales and coupons, all of this would have cost me $167.45! I would be crazy to pay retail! I only paid $62.78, redeemed $50 worth of "gymbucks" and here is what I got:


Gymboree loot
Bella and I had lunch at the mall and walked around for a bit and then decided to head to Ellenton. I wanted to check out the stride rite outlet after our shoe fiasco yesterday. Ellenton is only about 30 miles from our house so it's not too bad of a drive. I ended up getting Bella a pair of shoes for $32.99, which was about $10 cheaper than the regular stride rite store. They had some better deals, but had limited sizes. It was almost impossible to find size 4.5 shoes that I actually liked! Luckily I found a cute pair of shoes and decided to buy them since they were on sale. We also hit up the Gymboree outlet, but I couldn't justify spending more money at Gymboree today. We left Ellenton and headed home for Bella's afternoon nap. Unfortunately she fell asleep for about 10 minutes on the way home. She is currently in her crib, talking to herself... I hope she talks herself to sleep!

We have dinner plans tonight with our friend Ryan and his parents, who are in town visiting for the week. We usually try to get together with Ryan's parents when they're in town because they are really great people. And we're going to one of my favorite restaurants, Bella's, in South Tampa. I can't wait to have some yummy Italian food! 

Since Bella is supposed to be napping, I think I'm going to try to get a nap in, too. While I was a little disappointed our plans changed, today turned out to be a great mommy/daughter day with Bella. I love days like today!

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment