Saturday, July 23, 2011

Stuff a bag sale

I received an email early last week regarding a "stuff a bag sale" at a local resale/consignment shop. My friend Sara stopped by yesterday to chat and measure a few skirts she was designing. While she was here, I mentioned to her that Once Upon a Child was having their seasonal "stuff a bag sale" on Saturday. She said that she was game and we would arrive early to ensure the best selection.


We arrived at 9:20am and were not the first to arrive. There was a crowd of about 20 people lined up and were eagerly awaiting for the store to open. At 9:30am, on the dot, the doors opened and directions were given. For $15 a plastic bag was given to each participating customer and any article of clothing that had a white tag could be stuffed into a bag. Sara and I had originally planned to share a bag, but the bags were quite small so we each took a bag. I immediately headed for the 18-24 month section and began feverishly browsing through the massive amounts of clothing. While the clothing with white tags were mostly spring and summer pieces, I wanted to stock up on stuff for next year. 


In 18-24 months, I found some Gymboree dresses, Old Navy dresses, a Hartstrings dress, a Lily Pulitzer dress, a Gap dress and a few other items that were decent enough to stuff into my bag. I even managed to find a few things for Bella's friend, Connor, such as a Kelly's Kids shortall, Ralph Lauren button down and a few things from The Children's Place. 


Sara and I cannot wait until the next end of season "stuff a bag sale" so we can stock up on more clothes for our girls. It's fun to have friends and fellow bargain hunters to go shopping with at consignment stores. My usual partner in crime, Stephanie, is out of town so I had to do the next best thing to shopping with her, which was shopping for her. Getting an amazing deal makes shopping worth while and allows me to continue shopping. Hopefully I can keep up the good work and keep Bella's closet full.


Here are a few pictures of my finds:
All 19 pieces of clothing, for only $15!
A few pieces for our friend, Connor.
I just wanted to share my awesome purchase with y'all. I'd better go wash these clothes and the rest of Bella's laundry. I swear, laundry is a never ending chore... launder, put away and repeat! 

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment