Saturday, July 30, 2011

A pretty nice little Saturday

Bella treated us to a morning of sleeping in until 8am! I know that doesn't seem like sleeping in, but when your child is typically awake at 7am, it most certainly is. Ian treated me and I was able to sleep in until almost 9:30am. If it weren't for a quick trip into the bedroom by Ian to change into gym clothes, I probably could have slept in until almost 11am. Oh well, sleeping in until 9:30am was still a treat. 

Ian and Bella went to the gym. Bella seems to have more fun at the gym than anyone else in the family, which is good because it means she enjoys the child care center. She has graduated into the toddler section at the child care center at the gym and had a blast! When Ian went to pick her up after his work out, she cried because she didn't want to leave. You see, Bella was playing with B-O-Y in the Little Tikes Tree! She was sitting with her little friend in the tree and Ian could hear her chatting away. It must have been adorable! Next time I think I'll join them, just so I can catch Bella in the act. Hehe!

While Ian and Bella were at the gym, I caught up on a few chores around the house and relaxed. It was so nice and quiet that I couldn't help but enjoy the quiet. I probably should have done a few more things, but that's what Sunday is for, right? We're having out of town guests next weekend, so I need to get the house in order before they arrive on Saturday. 

We met up with our good friends Paul and Lisa, or Uncle Paul and Aunt Lisa, as they're known to Bella. They're very good friends of ours and we don't spend nearly enough time with them, but that will change soon (I hope) as they will be adding the their family in February 2012! Bella will have a little Peluso playmate and we're so happy for them. We caught up over lunch at Hooters and headed back to our house to hang out. It was so hot today, so we spent the majority of the afternoon in the pool and then ordered dinner from a new pizza joint in our neighborhood called Cappy's. After dinner we put Bella to bed and watched a movie and before I knew it, it was nearly 10pm! 

Ian and I are now catching up on a few shows we DVR'ed last week. We're addicted to a show on A&E called "Storage Wars." It's a show that follows several people as they attend storage locker auctions and attempt to make money from other people's junk. It sounds totally stupid and uninteresting, but if you haven't seen it, check it out because it's a pretty cool show. In fact, a guy purchased a storage locker that contained the authentic shoes, worn by Shelley Long in the movie "Popeye." The shoes are estimated to be worth $1800 and he only spent $145 on the storage locker. Pretty cool, huh?!?

We enjoyed the last relaxing Saturday we'll have for awhile. We have quite a month ahead of us, which I'm eagerly anticipating and dreading, at the same time. We're going to be some busy bees during August! And with that being said, I'm off to bed. Nighty night, y'all! Hopefully we'll all be able to sleep in again tomorrow. 

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment