Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lazy Sunday


I love lazy Sundays, don't you? It's especially nice when I'm able to sleep in and my wonderful and loving husband, Ian, lets me sleep in. Today, I slept in until almost 10:30am this morning and it was wonderful! I woke up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated... a great way to begin the day. 


We went shopping at Kohl's today. I'm usually not a Kohl's shopper, but between Kohl's cash, store credit and two coupons, we went to do a little shopping. I ended up returning two dresses, purchased by Grandma Ruth, which were dry clean only! Dry clean only?!? Are you kidding me?!? My kid is 15-months-old and does not need to have dry clean only clothing. We had $26 in store credit to spend so I went to the children's department and went to work. My live-in accountant computed all the discounts and told me when it was time to stop. I think I did pretty darn well for not being a regular Kohl's shopper.


I ended up buying her two dresses for only $20 (pre-discounts) a piece and are absolutely adorable! I then bought her 4 pairs of shorts with matching shirts for $22 (pre-discounts) a set. I also found a cute Oshkosh B'Gosh jumper and shirt that was a must have for $42 (pre-discounts). But, I did not pay $164! The dresses were 70% off, which made them only $6 a piece! The shorts and shirts were 50% off, which made them only $11 a set. And the Oshkosh B'Gosh jumper and shirt were 50% off, which made them only $21 for the set. Before coupons, my total was $77... but I did not pay $77! I used $10 in Kohl's cash which brought my total down to $67.  I also had a coupon for $10 off from Discover, which brought my total down to $57. I then used a 20% off coupon, which brought my total down to $45.60. I had $26 in store credit, which brought my total down to $19.60 and with tax, I paid $20.97 for 7 outfits for Bella. That's like $2.99 an outfit! Woohoo!


Here is a picture of today's bargains:


Okay, after this weekend, I think I need to join shopaholics anonymous! I actually googled it and it does exist! Don't worry, I'm not a crazy hoarder and I plan to give away, reuse or resell most of Bella's clothes when the time is right. But for right now, the time isn't right and all of the clothes that Bella has outgrown are neatly organized in one of our spare bedrooms. In the meantime, I just can't resist buying cute clothes for my beautiful, darling Bella!


Anywho... I'm off to enjoy the rest of my lazy Sunday with Ian and Bella. It's time for a dip in the pool and yummy tacos for dinner! Enjoy the rest of what's left of the weekend! 

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella (and Ian's credit card)

2 comments:

  1. All of Bella's cute outfits make me really want a little girl one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying the boys clothes at the consignment shop this weekend made me want a little boy the next time around... it'd really be great if we got lucky and had boy/girl twins. Then I'd really be finished with kids.

    ReplyDelete