Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The joys of womanhood...

Last night was a rough night... I woke up at 3am with the worst cramps! I'm talking about cramps that rival contractions during labor. Okay, perhaps I'm being a little dramatic, but the cramps were pretty bad. So bad that I eventually threw up. I dug out the heating pad and laid with the heating pad until I finally fell asleep around 6am. Ahh, the joys of womanhood!


I didn't know how I would get through the day being so sleep deprived. Fortunately Grandma Ruth was willing to lend a helping hand and came over to watch Bella while I took a long (and much needed) nap. After my nap I was feeling a lot better, thanks to the heating pad, prescription strength ibuprofen and sleep. Stephanie and Connor stopped by to pick something up from our house and Grandma Ruth invited everyone to go to lunch. So we went to lunch at the mall so we could return a pair of shoes. Lunch at Ruby Tuesday was chaotic, but enjoyable because Stephanie and I are on the same page with our kids and parenting. We're not going to leave a restaurant because our kids are acting like maniacs, we just give sympathetic smiles and encourage each other to be patient. The kids had fun sharing snacks and passing crayons back and forth, so it was well worth it. 


stride rite... don't even get me started! I wish there was another reputable kids shoe store but unfortunately stride rite is pretty much it. I know we could order shoes online, but I'd rather be in a store so Bella can try the shoe on. I've never had a great experience at a stride rite store because it always seems to be crowded and hectic. Today's experience was no different and we ended up walking out without returning the shoes and empty handed. Luckily, Grandma Ruth called the stride rite at Citrus Park Mall and they have the shoes we want in the size we need. Bella has extremely tiny feet and so she is limited in which styles are available. She wears a size 4.5 shoe, which is pretty much average shoe size for a 6-9-month-old. But I do love those tiny feet! 


Oh, and why the hell does a children's shoe store only have ONE sales associate working?!? This chick was out numbered and completely overwhelmed. She will probably never have children after working at stride rite. 


Well, I've got a date with a heating pad and some ibuprofen. Such an exciting evening! =)


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment