Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Minute Lashers

This post will be short and sweet because I have a "to do" list and need to get to it, but there's always time for a little blogging. 


It's the day before we're hosting our annual 4th of July party and as usual we're running around like chickens with our heads cut off because we have so much to do! On Ian's "to do" list there is laying landscaping rock around the lanai, mowing the lawn and cleaning the patio. On my "to do" list there is grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. Both of our "to do" lists are a mile long and we have a little more than 24-hours to get everything finished. There's nothing like waiting until the last minute... or is there?


I hate waiting until the last minute. I am a planner and I have a difficult time getting along with people who like to fly by the seat of their pants. And don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with people who are more laid back than I am. I am laid back when I need to be and rigid when I want to be. Even though I am a planner, I am also a people pleaser so I have the ability to compromise. I enjoy making people happy and if I can plan for that, well then, that's just great! It just brings me a great deal of joy to have things planned out ahead of time and see that plan executed step by step. 


So far this morning, the flower beds in the front yard have been mulched, the pasta salad has been made and the landscaping rocks have been delivered. Our "to do" lists are in the midst of being "all finished" lists and I cannot wait. There's nothing better than finishing a "to do" list, except maybe a glass of wine after a "to do" list is finished. Yum.


I'd better get back to it... before it begins to rain again.


Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment