Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Shower

Even though this is our second baby, my play group friends thought it would be nice to host a baby shower to help welcome baby #2 into the world. The shower was hosted by my dear friend, Stephanie, who put a lot of time, thought and effort into hosting an absolutely beautiful shower (I think she was also taking pictures). It was a small, intimate gathering, which was perfect for me. I didn't want a huge baby shower or anything, because after all, this is our second baby.

Stephanie had beautifully decorated her house in purple and lavender colors, to match our nursery. She didn't go overboard with decorations, but the decorations she did have were gorgeous. She made a display of wooden letters for baby #2's name and centered everything around that. The letters were darling and I cannot believe she made them... she is so crafty! I seriously hope she took pictures of everything because I would love to add them to this post.

Stephanie made some of my favorite foods, including her husband's famous cheese ball and yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I'm really not a picky eater, but I do love the Freedman cheese ball and Stephanie's baking. The 7-layer salad she made was probably one of the best salads I've ever had and I will definitely be asking her for the recipe. She also made this delicious chicken pockets, which were mom and kid friendly. And the icing on the cake (literally) were the chocolate cheesecake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. The food was great and don't worry, I didn't gorge myself on sweets, I made sure to eat quasi-healthy. But I am certainly looking forward to devouring the leftover cupcakes in the near future.

The baby shower was hosted during our normal play date, which was great. The kids played, the moms chatted and the shower was really laid back. I opened gifts at the urging of one of the other moms and received many nice things. Although, I will say, the best gifts I received were diapers and wipes! We can never have too many of those! I received a hand-embroidered onesie with baby #2's initial on it and those cool monthly age stickers for pictures (I've always wanted to do those). Bella even received a book and barrettes as a special big sister gift. How nice! The gifts were really thoughtful and sweet.

I would like to thank my friends: Amanda, Amber, Heather, Jessica and Stephanie for hosting and attending my baby shower. It was such a special event and made me even more excited to welcome baby #2 into this group of friends. I am especially thankful that Stephanie hosted such a beautiful event for me, even though this is our second baby. Thank you so much girls!

Tonight, even though I am feeling rather terrible (physically), I am also feeling very blessed. Bella and I have a great group of friends. We have all been friends for quite some time and I hope these friendships continue.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment