Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Too much

Today, I really overexerted myself and now I am paying for it. My body tried to tell me several times to slow down or stop, but I just kept going and now I feel awful. I'm having contractions, my round ligament pain has returned and my body is simply exhausted. I need to stop being so damn stubborn and listen to my body for once. 

We began our day with a play date with some new friends. The kids were contently playing inside when my child convinced the other kids they should go play outside. Kristin, the hostess, suggested that we stay inside but I could tell the kids were itching to go outside and like a fool, I said going outside would be great. The kids played outside for about an hour and a half and I was exhausted when it was all said and done. Chasing a toddler around a huge yard is definitely not what I should have been doing, but honestly, what's a mother to do? Bella also had a blast chasing the host family's cat around. The play date was wonderful and very laid back. It's exactly what we needed.

When we got home, I made lunch for Bella and myself and began leaving some instructions for Ian. Ian was working from home so that I could attend a consignment pre-sale during Bella's nap time. I told Ian that Bella should be down for a nap, no later than 1pm and that if she should wake up early, leave her in her crib for a few minutes. You see, Ian has the habit of running into her room and scooping her out of the crib every time she makes a peep. I have a love/hate relationship with him about that. I love that he loves her so much that he wants to tend to her every need, but I also hate that she plays him like a fiddle. She's a daddy's girl... what can I say? 

Now on to the consignment sale... I received a pre-sale pass and was able to shop when it first opened. I quickly headed to the 2T and 3T sections to pick up some things for Bella. Baby #2 has more than enough clothes, between all the hand-me-downs and new outfits people are giving her. She does not need one more stitch of clothing, except for the custom outfits I order from my seamstress (of course). I picked up a total of 17 outfits for Bella, all of which were sets. I love finding dresses with bloomers and shirts with matching shorts or pants. I think bottoms really finish an outfit, especially for little girls who often don't sit in the most lady-like positions. I also headed to the toddler boys section to look at some outfits for my friend Stephanie's son, Connor. I found three really handsome-looking polo and short sets (yes, I am obsessed with sets). Hopefully Stephanie likes them and if not, she can consign them or give them away. On my way out, I hit up the toy section and picked Bella up a Fisher Price dollhouse. It came with all the little pieces and was in great condition. I then proceeded to the checkout counter to tally up the goods. I picked up 20 outfits and the dollhouse for $110! The most expensive thing I purchased was the dollhouse for $15 and a smocked 2-piece set for $11. Other than that, everything else was under $5... can't beat it!

By the time I got home, I was exhausted. I was having contractions off and on, but nothing regular. According to the OB, the contractions are bound to occur this late in my pregnancy and as long as my water doesn't break or they aren't regular, I'm good to go. Today's contractions were down right painful and I almost felt bad enough to pull over once or twice. I over did it and my body was certainly telling me to slow down. Once I got home, I took a warm bath and laid in bed until Bella woke up from her nap. Speaking of Bella's nap, she took an almost 4-hour nap. I was thankful for the long nap (as was Ian) and we headed out to dinner once everyone was up and ready. At dinner, I felt terrible. I couldn't wait to get home and lay down again. I assisted Ian with the bath, book and bed routine and once Bella was asleep, I hopped in bed myself. I am exhausted, my body hurts and I need a good night's sleep. So without further adieu, goodnight everyone! Tomorrow I will take it easy and not push myself as much, I promise. 

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

P.S. Ian is SWAMPED at work. He literally works from 8am-6pm and then again from 9pm-2am... every day! He is feeling overwhelmed but he is making such great progress. The managing partners are very happy with his work and most importantly, the clients are very happy with his work. I told him tonight I'd gladly switch places with him. He could be pregnant for the next week and I'd play tax consultant for a week... unfortunately (after realizing just how uncomfortable I had been feeling for most of the day) he declined my offer. Haha! Only 8 more days until March 15th!!! And only 40 more days left until my due date. Well played Ian, well played. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment