Saturday, March 10, 2012

Never a dull moment

went to the aquarium this morning for some family fun. I knew I would be pushing myself, but I wanted to spend time with Ian and Bella. I felt contractions as we were walking around and kept going to keep up with the family. We don't have too many of these days left with Bella and I want to
make the most of our precious time we have remaining as a family of three.
Admiring the "fishies" and "shaaaaaarks"
"Here fishy, fishy, fishy..."
Before nap time, Bella and I took a bath together. The bath actually started out as my bath, but an adorable little diaper-only wearing a baby wanted to join me. The bath wasn't as relaxing as my usual bath, that's for sure. We had fun and it was a great way to unwind before nap time. I laid in bed and watched movies while Bella napped and Ian worked. It was during this time, I noticed that baby #2 wasn't as active as she normally is. She is so active, day or night, and for a period of nearly 2-hours she barely moved. I tracked her movements for another hour and headed downstairs to discuss this issue with Ian. We decided it would be best to call the OB and see what the on-call doctor had to say. After discussing the decreased movement with Dr. Zweibach, he decided it would be best if I went to L&D for monitoring. So I headed to L&D and Ian headed to the Peluso's to drop Bella off.

Once I was hooked up to the monitor, baby #2 began moving like crazy! It was as if she knew where we were and wanted to make me look like an idiot. But, once I was hooked up to the monitors, another problem arose. The nurse asked if I had high blood pressure normally and I do not. She said my BP was 156/98 and that she was concerned. She called the OB who ordered a urine sample and blood work. Thankfully everything came back normal! After nearly 4-hours of being hooked up to the monitors, my BP dropped to 128/72 and that was low enough to be discharged. It's still high for me, as I'm normally 115/70 but it was a definite improvement than the other readings today. The OB wants me back in bed rest until my next appointment on Friday... super, just super. Luckily my dad arrives Wednesday and I will have help with Bella on Monday and Tuesday. As long as my BP is fine on Friday, I'm assuming I can return to normal activities.
Ian, catching some z's at the hospital.
There's never a dull moment around our house and this little girl is certainly testing her limits. I am thankful that I went to L&D delivery today because I had no idea my BP was so high. It's almost like she was telling me that I needed to go and get checked out. This little girl may be stubborn and difficult but she was looking out for me today. What a sweetheart! I felt totally fine, with the exception of a minor headache and never knew my BP was elevated.

Only 5 weeks and 3 days to go... or maybe less if she decides to make her debut a little early! =)

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment