Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Today began with the best of intentions... but today turned out to be one HELL of a day! Days like today make me despise my Type A personality because when things don't go according to plan, I tend to get a little frazzled. Fortunately, I had the assistance of our amazing babysitter, Jessica to assist me in our day of chaos. Without her, I would not have survived and I would  have crawled back into bed until Ian got home.

First, my prenatal massage was canceled, which was disappointing, but I was able to reschedule for later in the day. Then, Jessica arrived bright and early, but Bella was still sound asleep. We enjoyed chatting and planning for the next few weeks, so perhaps Bella's extended sleep was a blessing. I was also able to schedule an OB appointment for myself and an appointment with the pediatrician for Bella. I only had 45-minutes to spare between appointments, but I was desperate to schedule both appointments. With Jessica's assistance, I was certain we'd be able to execute this plan without a hitch... but boy, was I wrong.

The OB was running an hour behind because she was stuck in surgery at the hospital, which meant I needed to reschedule one of the two appointments. I decided to wait for the OB because I was having some issues with itching and I needed to figure out what was going on. I called the pediatrician from the OB's waiting room and rescheduled Bella's appointment for the afternoon. I wouldn't have Jessica with me in the afternoon and I would have to wake Bella up early from her nap, but she needed to be seen by the pediatrician. The OB arrived earlier than expected, so my wait time was kept to a minimum. After discussing my symptoms (my entire body itching, especially at night), she decided to send me for blood work and start me on a medication. She is treating me for Cholestasis and I'm hoping the medication works, because I NEED some relief from the itching at night. Nothing has helped... no antihistimines, no itch relief creams, no oatmeal baths, no free and clear detergents... NOTHING! And the itching is especially bad at night, which means I'm not getting much sleep at night. By the time we returned home from the OB appointment, it was time for lunch. Jessica took care of lunch and nap time, while I ran around dropping off and picking up prescriptions.

Bella's pediatrician appointment was at 4pm, which meant I needed to wake her up from her nap early... bummer. Luckily she was in a great mood when I woke her up and we ran to the pediatrician's office with minutes to spare. You see, Bella has these little bumps on her booty that resemble bug bites, only the bumps heal but more appear a day or two later. I figured it was a bug bite that became infected and that's exactly what the pediatrician thought. She prescribed Bella a topical antibiotic ointment, which was to be applied three times a day until the area was completely clear. I was relieved it was nothing too bad and that she didn't need oral antibiotics. We left the pediatrician's office and headed to the pharmacy... yet again.

Ian had to work late, so Bella and I played outside until it was time for dinner. We ate dinner, just the two of us and then cleaned up to go back outside to play until Ian got home. My child LOVES playing outside, despite the 80+ degree weather and I love that about her. In my opinion, children need time outside each and every day (weather permitting) to run around and play. They have a ton of energy to burn and I think it's important for children to have at least an hour (or two) of physical activity every day. I can't wait for our swing set to be installed because that will be hours of fun and physical activity for Bella, all in the comfort of our backyard.

I headed out just before 8pm for my hour long prenatal massage. And let me just say, the massage tonight felt AMAZING! I am happy to report that my edema is non-existent and the massage therapist is certain that with continued massage, it will continue to be non-existent. Yay! Too bad I can't have daily massages because that would be amazing, but every other week is just as amazing. Can't wait for my next massage in 2-weeks! A night of relaxation was just what I needed and hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep tonight.

Speaking of sleep, it's time for me to get off this darn computer and hit the sack. 8-hours of sleep over the past 2-days is not enough for normal me, let alone a pregnant me. I am desperate for sleep. But all things considered, today was one hell of a day, but everything that I needed to get done, got done and that's all that matters.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2


  1. You are a super mom, even if you don't give yourself credit for it! I love your posts about your baby sitter and even though I am going the SAHM route, I'm getting one, too. Tomorrow is her first day with us. Take care!

  2. Aww, thank you. That is very sweet of you to say. I haven't felt like super mom these past few months but I'm hoping to revive my image once I get this little girl out of my uterus. I always apologize to Ian for being a crappy wife and mother, but he reassures me that this is not the case. I'm just unable to do all of the things I did before I was ginormously pregnant. It'll be over soon... but then again I'll have two rug rats to chase around. =)

    And an occasional babysitter is a sanity saver! We started when Bella was 6-months-old and it's worked out really well. Our current babysitter is AMAZING!!!