Monday, July 18, 2011

Girls day in

Our weekly babysitter has family in town, so she took the day off to spend with her family. To be honest, it was nice to have a break from having the babysitter and I will definitely won't feel guilty when she comes next week. I haven't been feeling well, so Bella and I had a girls day in. I'd say we both spent the day in our pajamas, but Bella spent the majority of the day in only her diaper and I spent the majority of the day in my pajamas.

She played very well by herself for most of the morning and I read a few books with her as she brought them to me. This child loves her books! She takes them off her shelf and brings them to us. When we finish a book and try to put it down, Bella picks the book up and asks you to read it again! Some days I read the same book to her 10-15 times! It does get a little monotonous, but I can't refuse reading to my child. We brought a few new and forgotten about toys to entertain her and she was busy for most of the morning. Thankfully she still takes a morning nap, so when 9:30am rolled around, I was more than ready to lay her down for a nap. She napped for nearly 3 hours! Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep but I was able to rest on the couch for a few hours.

After her morning nap, we had lunch and more play time. We stacked blocks and giggled as we watched them fall down. Bella played in her Bumbo seat for about 20 minutes, climbing in and out... in and out. I then came across a Lifetime movie that peaked my interest and so I watched a movie on the couch while Bella played a few feet away from me. Every now and then I'd get off my butt to go play with her, but I'm not kidding when I say the child played very well by herself. She talked to her toys, rocked her stuffed animals in her arms and danced. It's adorable to watch her play pretend with her toys. That little imagination is growing day by day!

Working hard.
Violet in the Bumbo seat.
Bella riding her zebra.
Stacking blocks and cups on the coffee table.
I had a follow up appointment with our primary care physician in the afternoon that turned out to be the longest appointment ever! Maybe it was because I had an over-tired 15-month-old with me or because I didn't feel well, but the appointment seemed to take forever. We waited in the waiting room for about 30 minutes and were finally taken back. We waited an additional 15 minutes to see the ARNP. She went over the ER discharge paperwork with me and explained that she believed the source of the cough to be a viral infection. She said the infection should be clearing up, but the cough could last for weeks! Oy vey! She prescribed a cough medicine for daytime use and one for nighttime use. She also instructed me to use the inhaler 1-2 times a day for the next week. Hopefully these medicines help suppress this nagging cough and I can shake this illness once and for all. By the way, if you're looking for a a great primary care physician in the Riverview/Brandon area, I highly recommend Dr. Mickel Anglin of Anglin Medical Center. His speciality is family and sports medicine and his bedside manner is second to none.

Even though Bella was bored and over-tired, she was a trooper! I wouldn't say that she was an absolute angel, but she did so well. She was talking to people in the waiting room and toddling around for them. She watched as I made my pulse, BP and temperature taken. She appeared relieved when all the poking and prodding didn't involve her. I was a little anxious to bring her with me, but it turned out to be okay. After about an hour of being at the doctor's office, we were on our way home for Bella's afternoon nap. I tried my best to keep her awake in the car and my efforts paid off because she took a 2.5 hour nap! I even had to wake her up because it was getting so late.

I'm going to take some of my nighttime cough medicine and try to get to bed early. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning after a good night's sleep. Goodnight!

Love always,
Ian, Kim & Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment