Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Braxton Hicks

I spent the morning trying to prepare for tomorrow's play date, but baby #2 had other plans. After doing some light cleaning (by my standards) I began having Braxton Hicks contractions. I tried to work through it, but when they didn't subside, I knew it was time for rest and lots of water. My plan was foiled yet again because, oh yes, I have a 22-month-old toddler!

I sat on the lanai while Bella played at her sand/water table. She played outside for a good 45-minutes until se realized how much fun it is to throw sand out of the box. Bummer. I decided it was time to go inside and resort to letting Bella watch television. While I "relaxed" on the couch, Bella watched The Lion King until it was time for lunch. I was still having BH contractions by this time and I was having some pain in my lower back. I figured I'd put Bella down for an early nap and really relax. I also called for reinforcements... or Grandma Ruth.

I laid in bed for nearly two hours and drank a ton of water. I also called the OB to reassure myself that these were in fact BH contractions and nothing else. The rest and water helped a bunch, but every time I stood up, the BH contractions would begin again. Luckily Grandma Ruth was here by the time Bella woke up from her nap so I had some assistance. I laid on the couch while Bella and Grandma Ruth played. I was thankful for the extra help but I was still getting up and down quite frequently. Ugh!

Being pregnant was a hell of a lot easier BEFORE I had children. When I was pregnant with Bella and wasn't feeling well, I could relax without interruption. But God bless my little Bella, because I think she could tell that I wasn't feeling 100% and was fairly well behaved today. Thank goodness for my well behaved child because today would have been much more difficult with an unruly child.

And to the unborn child, still incubating in my uterus... please cut me some slack. Please stop these false contractions because they are beginning to freak me out. I am by no means ready for your arrival and I need you to stay put for at least another 6-weeks. I am very eager to meet you, but I could really do with out the BH contractions.

As I'm writing this, I am also watching my abdomen contract. Guess it's time for me to get back to relaxing and chugging ungodly amounts of water. I'm hoping today was a total fluke and I just over did it this morning. After all, Bella and I have a play date to host tomorrow morning!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment