Monday, February 27, 2012

Not so typical Monday

Our daily routine of going out in the morning and returning home around lunch time has gone by the wayside. Our daily routine now consists of playing at home in the morning until its time for lunch and naps. It's kind of boring but I don't really have a choice. Fortunately Grandma Ruth, Stephanie and Jessica (the babysitter) have been kind enough to help spice up our new routine.

Today Grandma Ruth arrived bright and early to spend the morning with us. I secretly had a few errands that I needed to run and I was hoping Grandma Ruth would assist me in completing those errands. Sure enough, she did! We headed to Babies-R-Us to pick up a new booster seat for Bella and a few other odds and ends. I then quickly ran into Target to pick up laundry detergent, which we were completely out of. We were back home within an hour and I spent minimal time on my feet. I also wore my maternity support belt to help support my baby belly and reduce the pelvic pressure. By the time we got home, my body was definitely glad to be home and I parked myself on the couch to recooperate from our outing.

Grandma Ruth helped me feed Bella lunch and put her down for a nap. It was great having an extra set of hands today and it was really great having someone to do all the heavy lifting. It was a huge help and I am definitely very appreciative for the assistance today.

Bella and I ended the afternoon by playing outside at her sand and water table. Our lanai is a royal mess, but that's okay because I needed to entertain Bella until Ian arrives home from work, which should be shortly. I can sit in a chair and she happily plays at her sand and water table for awhile... probably one of the best purchases we ever made!

It may not have been a typical a typical Monday for us, but it sure turned out to be a pretty nice day. It's wonderful to have such helpful family ad friends close by. We wouldn't be able to survive without them! I just hope they know how much I appreciate their love, concern and helpfulness.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment