Friday, February 10, 2012

Making the most of the day

I woke up this morning, after a fairly restful night of sleep, with plans to make today a good day. Despite feeling awful today (stupid IBS), today was a pretty good day! After struggling to make it through the week and feeling like the worst mother in the world for most of the week, I was determined to make the most of today.

Before music class, we played outside at Bella's new water and sand table. It's only been filled with water, as the lanai is being pressure washed on Monday, but she absolutely loves it! She splashes, plays with her water toys and even chases Kaiser around the lanai with her watering can. Poor Kaiser had no idea what he'd be in for when he ventured outside during play time. I can't wait to add sand to the table and move her kangaroo climber to the lanai, once it's nice and clean. I foresee lots of time outside this spring and winter!

We went to Sprouts to sing and play with our friends. Today's group was small but music class was still a lot of fun. The kids were asking for bubbles the moment they walked through the door, too bad they had to wait until the end of class for parachute and bubble time. Free play is still Bella's favorite activity and she loves climbing on the equipment. The kids even received a special treat for Valentine's Day from the teacher, fruit snacks, which they loved!

We went to lunch at Luna's with Stephanie and Connor and then headed home for naps. Bella took an almost 4-hour nap and I accidentally fell asleep watching a movie. I say accidentally because I didn't intend to fall asleep, but I wasn't feeling well and I was exhausted, so it just kind of happened. I really hope this doesn't affect my sleep tonight.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. We have a birthday party tomorrow and we're planning on going to the state fair on Sunday. We also have a few things to get accomplished around the house. We're hoping to get everything finished on Saturday so we can relax and Ian can work on Sunday. Busy season is well underway and Ian is super busy with work... only 9 more weeks until he's on paternity leave! Yay!

It was a pretty good day overall and even though I didn't feel 100%, I made the most of the day and enjoyed the time Bella and I spent together. Making the most of the day isn't always easy, but it is totally worth it.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment