Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chicken & Dumplings

Following in the footsteps of my friend, Ursula, I prepared a dinner of chicken & dumplings in the crock pot today. While it cooked slowly, all day long, my house was filled with wonderful smells! I was hoping the recipe would turn out properly and that the final product would taste as good as it smelled. After waiting ALL day (ok, only 6-hours) it was finally time for dinner. Let's just say the chicken & dumplings were a big hit! This recipe will definitely be repeated... at least once a month in our household.

Just thought I'd share the recipe with you:

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings


4 chicken breasts
2 cans of Campbell's cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 onion diced
3 stalks of celery diced
1 can of peas
1 can of corn
1 package of Pillsbury grands biscuit dough


1. Place the chicken, butter, soup and veggies in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Roll the biscuit dough into small balls and add to the crock pot about an hour before serving. 
4. ENJOY!

I improvised a little by adding the peas and corn, but it was a quick and easy way to add vegetables to the meal. The original recipe also calls for 2 packages of biscuit dough, but I thought that would be too much. The total prep time took about 10-mins and I love a one pot meal! It's a very hearty and filling meal, perfect for a cold winter day... or a rainy day in Florida.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment