Saturday, February 4, 2012

We went to our third (elective) ultrasound today at Meet the Baby. At first baby #2 was asleep with her backside turned toward us. After a few minutes she woke up, but refused to cooperate otherwise. She flipped her little body but turned her head away from us. We were there for about 25 minutes and were about to reschedule, but the u/s technician had another idea. This is when she called for back up...

With two u/s technicians by my side, we talked to, sang to and jiggled baby #2 into a better position for the u/s. At first baby #2 seemed more annoyed than anything else, but once she got going, she started posing and giving us some pretty good shots. I honestly wouldn't have minded returning for another u/s but I was happy she finally cooperated! I need to give a shout out to my ladies at Meet the Baby in Brandon... thank you for giving us some beautiful shots of our baby girl!

She already looks so much like Bella!
Look at that perfect little hand!
Love that cute little face.
Smiling already!
Another funny anecdote from the day was the way baby #2 would respond to the sound of Bella's voice. Ian took Bella out for a break and upon their return, Bella was giggling, shrieking and talking (quite loudly). Much to our amazement, baby #2 moved her head toward the sound of Bella's voice! It was so cool! We encouraged Bella to talk to baby #2 and we watched in awe as baby #2 continued to move to the sound of Bella's voice. These two little girls are bonding before baby #2 even makes her debut. 

We left with over 80 images of baby #2 and a DVD. I can't say we ever watched Bella's u/s DVD, but maybe that is something we can show to the girls when they're a little older. It's pretty amazing to have these keepsakes, even if u/s images tend to look a little creepy to the average eye. Before leaving, we scheduled a maternity photo shoot. I can honestly say that I am not looking forward to the photo shoot. I don't like having my picture taken on a normal day, much less when I'm 32-weeks pregnant. This is not something we did when I was pregnant with Bella and I've always kind of regretted it. I'm hoping we get a few decent shots that we can actually share with people. Here's to hoping!

I loved seeing baby #2 today and I'm a little sad we won't get to see her again until she arrives. I'll be 30-weeks on Tuesday, which means we'll be meeting this little girl in about 10-weeks! If she's as punctual as Bella, she will arrive a little bit early. Bella was born at 38-weeks, so if baby #2 follows in her sister's footsteps, we could be meeting her in only 8-weeks... how exciting!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment