Monday, February 20, 2012

Mundane Monday

Bella spent the night at Grandma Ruth's last night and I must admit, I miss my little munchkin! Ian will pick her up after work today so fortunately we'll get to see her tonight. Having the time to actually sit down and relax has been a big help. I haven't been experiencing any contractions, so minimal activity plays a big role in keeping them at bay. Rather than chores around the house, I remained on the couch pretty much all day. I caught up on some DVR'ed shows and surfed the Internet. What an exciting Monday!

I haven't planned much for this week and we're kind of playing things by ear. We have a play date on Thursday that I plan to attend, but only because it's low key and I'll have my friends around to help me with Bella. Other than that, the babysitter is scheduled for two days this week, instead of her normal one day. I definitely need the extra set of hands and I'm so glad she is able to make it for an extra day this week. I'm debating about going to Sprouts on Friday, but the more I think about it, it's probably best if we skip music this week. Bummer.

My friends and family have been extremely helpful and very caring. I've had friends offer to take Bella for the day and bring us dinner. Being stubborn (and probably stupid), I've kindly turned down their help for now. I just feel like our family can handle this and my friends don't need the extra burden. I know this is not how my friends feel because if they truly didn't want to help, they wouldn't offer. I've never been one to ask for help and it's difficult for me to accept help. One of these days I'll set my foolish pride aside and accept help when it's offered. In the meantime, Ian and Grandma Ruth are chipping in and I'm doing my best to remain let go of a lot of things (i.e. housework, laundry, errands).

A lot of not being able to do things for yourself means letting go and making do with what you have. The laundry in my closet is a mile high, but that's okay because I have two dressers and an entire closet full of clean clothes. The furniture could use a good dusting and polishing, but that's okay it can wait. My health and baby #2's health comes first and foremost. I had lost sight of that and this is my body's way of telling me to slow down. I have slowed down and my body appears to responding well to the extra rest.

On a slightly more exciting note, Bella's little backpack and lunchbox arrived today! And oh my goodness, they are so incredibly cute! I found the perfect little backpack at Pottery Barn Kids and of course I had to order the matching lunchbox. I can't wait to show Bella her new things because she is going to love them! The girls' Easter basket liners also arrived today, but the actual baskets are on back order. Oh how I love PBK!

But that's all from the couch in the family room... not too much going here. Just another boring Monday.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment