Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gotta Keep Going?

We planned to do something fun and outdoors today, but my body had other ideas. I woke up at 8:30am (sleeping in around here) and didn't feel quite well. My back was bothering me and I just felt run down. I chalked it up to pregnancy catching up with me and decided I'd better take it easy for the day. What a bummer on a beautiful Sunday!

Ian took Bella outside for a walk in her wagon. She loves that wagon and I'm beginning to think Ian loves it as much as she does! They went on a nice, long walk around our neighborhood and tool time to stop to chat with the neighbors. Once they returned from their walk, Bella asked to go outside again. This time they went for a walk, without the wagon. Their walks allowed me to relax on the couch for awhile and I apparently needed to do this.

All week long I chase after Bella, pick up Bella, clean, cook and try to stay as active as possible. Sometimes I push myself and I later regret doing so. Whether it's picking up Bella to hold her or hoisting the stroller out of the trunk, my body takes a beating... daily. I've found ways to give myself a little relief, which include letting Bella climb up and down the stairs, rather than carrying her. I would never deny a request by Bella to hold her, but lugging a 25-pound toddler up and down the stairs several times a day isn't easy with a a pregnant belly. I also refuse to sit around the house and do nothing all day, so Bella and I will try to maintain our weekly schedule of play dates, outings with friends and music class. I will keep pushing myself for as long as I can... or until someone tells me otherwise.

Our day was completed with a visit with our friends, the Freedmans, to watch the Super Bowl and enjoy some yummy food. The kids played all evening long and danced to Madonna during the half-time show. It was adorable! We made it until almost 9pm, when Bella had reached her breaking point. It was way past her bedtime and we needed to get home to get her to bed. Bella was fast asleep by 9:30pm and we aren't too far behind her. My body is craving sleep and who am I to deny my body such a wonderful thing?

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment