Saturday, January 28, 2012

Busch Gardens

Living in Florida means we have gorgeous weather in the middle of winter and today was no exception. With sunny 70 degree weather, we decided to head to Busch Gardens after Bella's nap.

Even though we didn't arrive until 5pm, the park was still a bit crowded. The Sesame Street area was packed but we managed to see Bella's favorite show and ride a few rides. Bella has seen this show at least 15 times but she loves it every time! I have the words memorized and so I often catch myself singing along without me realizing it. How embarrassing!

Bella rode the carousel with Ian and also rode her favorite ride, the swings. If I were a 22-month-old, I'd be terrified to ride the swings but she loves it! She shrieks and giggles, which is absolutely adorable. We headed out of the Sesame Street area and walked around to see the animals.

The orangutans were so active today and Bella was face-to-face with one of the orangutans, or I should say palm to palm. The tigers were also very active today. Bella was up close and personal with three of the tigers and even roared at the tigers! She loves seeing the animals and she really enjoyed being so close to the animals today.

We left as the park was about to close and came home for dinner. While Ian and Bella played in the family room, I made a batch of jambalaya, with sausage of course. After dinner we watched a little bit of The Lion King and then before we knew realized, it was time for bath, books and bed. I won't be too far behind Bella as I didn't take a nap today in hopes of sleeping better at night. I hope my plan works because I am exhausted!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2



No comments:

Post a Comment