Friday, January 6, 2012

Busy Friday

This morning I had my monthly OB appointment, complete with the dreaded 1-hour glucose test. The good news is that baby #2 is doing very well and I am progressing as expected. I am almost 26-weeks along and I am measuring perfectly! The baby's heartbeat sounded great and the nurse practitioner said that both the baby and I seem to be doing very well. We talked about how different this pregnancy has been and how I've been plagued with chronic nausea and back pain. She sent in refills for my anti-nausea medications and I was given the green light for prenatal massage! Yay!

For those of you who have undergone the dreaded glucose test during pregnancy, I will just say that it doesn't get any better the second time. I drank the "flat Sprite" and waited an hour. I chatted with a few other expecting moms in the waiting room and browsed the Internet on my iPhone. Before I knew it, it was time to have my blood drawn. I said a little prayer to pass the 1-hour glucose test because the 3-hour glucose test really sucks. With Bella, I failed my 1-hour glucose test but passed my 3-hour glucose test. Thankfully, I didn't have gestational diabetes and I didn't have to follow a strict diet or test my blood. I hope I pass the 1-hour glucose test this time around and avoid the 3-hour test. I should have the results by Monday.

I left the OB's office and headed to Target to pick up a few last minute things for my organization project. Target was having a sale on storage items, so I picked up a few bins to better organize holiday stuff, including the huge stockpile of wrapping paper and bags I have accumulated through really awesome sales at Old Time Pottery and Target. I enjoy being organized so the process of actually getting organized doesn't really bother me. In fact, I think I enjoy organizing a little too much... but is that really a bad thing?

The babysitter was staying until 1pm so I had two hours to work at taking down holiday decorations, including our Christmas tree. I managed to put everything in it's proper storage container and so all Ian will have to do is put the containers away in the garage. I was exhausted after untangling strands of Christmas lights but felt very accomplished and my load felt so much lighter. It's my goal to have the house back in it's normal, organized state by Monday morning. You see, we're having the house cleaned on Monday and I like to have the house neat and tidy for the cleaning folks. My mother-in-law bought us a Groupon for three 3-hour cleaning sessions. I gladly accepted the generous offer and quickly scheduled our three sessions for before baby #2 arrives. There's nothing better than having someone else clean your house!

Despite my super busy (and exhausting) day, I managed a quick mom's night out with my friend, Stephanie. We met for dinner at the Italian Kitchen and enjoyed nearly 2-hours of uninterrupted adult conversation. The food was absolutely amazing, especially the delicious chocolate mousse desserts we both ordered. I've had a bit of a sweet tooth lately, so the chocolate mousse really hit the spot. Every time we have a mom's night out, we always say how we should do this more often and blah, blah, blah... I just wish there were hours in the day or endless amounts of energy to do so.

We are slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things. By next week, we should be back on track with our normal routine. I know I keep harping on our darn routine, but it's what keeps me sane. But it's late and we have a busy weekend ahead of us, so I'd better get some sleep.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment