Thursday, January 19, 2012

You've got to be kidding me!

Around 3:30am this morning, I was in the middle of a dream. The dream was really bizarre, but the gist of dream was that my friend, Maria and her father, wrote me a prescription for anti-nausea medication because I was at their house and feeling nauseous. Sounds plausible to me, as Maria is a nurse, but I have no idea why her father was involved. Anyway... I woke up feeling super nauseous. I tried to ignore the nausea for about 30 minutes, but when it did not subside and I could not fall back to sleep, I resorted to other measures. I managed to make my way to the kitchen and found my anti-nausea medication. Seeing that it was 4am and I'd be up for the day in 3-hours, I decided to take the Zofran because it does not make me drowsy. Thankfully the Zofran took effect pretty quick and I managed to take a 2.5-hour "nap" before it was time to get up.

I don't normally like to complain about being pregnant or any of the related symptoms, but nausea at 28-weeks?!? You've got to be kidding me! Like I mentioned in previous posts, my nausea pretty much subsided when I entered the 2nd trimester with Bella. It did return about a week or so before I had Bella, but about 10-weeks of nausea was manageable. The constant feeling of feeling like I'm going to vomit is not at all fun! I haven't actually gotten sick since we got home from Baltimore, but I never know when I'm actually going to get sick. Oh well... I guess it's back to the anti-nausea medications for me.

Despite my rude awakening early this morning, we managed to pull ourselves together and attend our weekly play date. I most definitely participated in nap time this afternoon and that nap was much needed. Bella ended up taking a 3-hour nap and I ended up taking a 2-hour nap. I felt somewhat refreshed when I woke up and felt ready to get through the rest of the evening.

Anywho... dinner is on the stove and Ian will be home soon (although he is running late) so I'd better get back to my mother and wife duties. And for the record, I will be taking my Phenegran tonight before I go to bed to help me fall asleep and to prevent any middle of the night bouts of nausea tonight.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment