Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hamburger Mary's

Today we met Grandma Ruth and Uncle Donald in Ybor for lunch. We haven't seen either since well before we left for Baltimore, so this visit was long overdue. We planned to go to the Tampa Bay Brewing Company for lunch, but the restaurant didn't open until noon on Sundays. We needed to eat lunch a little early because Grandma Ruth and Uncle Donald were catching an afternoon show at the Straz Center and we needed to get home for Bella's nap. So with our favorite Ybor restaurant being closed, we went to the next best place... Hamburger Mary's.

If you've ever been to Hamburger Mary's, then you are well aware that it is a different kind of restaurant. They offer a drag bingo night for charities and a drag show one night a week. Yes, a drag show. We've actually been to the drag show for a birthday party and had a blast. Never in my life did I think I'd be taking my 21-month-old daughter to the same place that has a drag show on Saturday nights! It's a different place, but it's fun... for adults. Or so I thought...

Our lunch experience at Hamburger Mary's was amazingly awesome! Bella, who has been protesting high chairs and booster seats recently, sat in a high chair and was perfectly content! The loud pop music and the colorful decor served as a perfect setting to keep that little entertained for over an hour. Not to mention the food was AWESOME! I ordered a Kobe burger, topped with mac & cheese and it was delicious! Ian ordered a calamari salad which was yummy and Bella had a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The wait staff was really attentive and they loved Bella!

For a place I never thought I'd take my young child, I think we will be returning to Hamburger Mary's. I think lunch on Sunday is the perfect time to go (with your mother-in-law and young child) and it's a great venue to keep little ones occupied. There aren't too many places to eat with young children in Ybor, so if you're ever in Ybor with your kids, check out Hamburger Mary's (before dark) for some fun and great food.

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment