Wednesday, January 4, 2012

We're finally home!

After being away for nearly two-weeks, we are home! The funny thing is that the weather we left was C-O-L-D but the weather that welcomed us in Tampa was only slightly better. We left below freezing temperatures of 9 degrees in Baltimore very early this morning and returned to Tampa only to find out it temperatures were well below normal. I will admit that 45 degrees felt so much better than 9 degrees, but I was really hoping to return to a warm 70 degrees. Bragging about the warm weather is a little perk of living in Florida and I've come to love it.

I would also like to mention how well behaved Bella was on the plane today! She was an absolute angel and I would travel all the time if she would behave the way she did today. We received several compliments from several passengers and the Southwest flight attendants. I informed them that she is a frequent flier and her exceptional behavior today is what occurs 75% of the time. I have said it before and I will say it again... buying a seat for Bella is money well spent!

We had a busy two weeks in Baltimore. We went to 34th Street in Hampden to see Christmas lights, the National Aquarium in Baltimore (I will eventually post pictures), we visited with family, we visited with friends and we did a lot of relaxing. Luckily it was the holidays so we saw a lot of family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My dad took off all but two days, so it was great to have him around all of the time. We took trips to the mall (thanks for all of the awesome clothes for the girls, Pop). We ate at all of our favorite places and enjoyed delicious home cooked meals. My favorite meal had to have been the breakfast my dad and I cooked for the family on Christmas morning. There's something special about waking up, opening gifts and enjoying a huge breakfast with the family in our pajamas. It reminds me of my childhood, when my dad would cook a big breakfast for us and we'd lounge around the house until it was time to go to my aunt's house.

Fortunately Ian had off today, so we were able to catch up on things around the house and begin the daunting task of unpacking. And for anyone who knows me, I hate to unpack. Luckily I did laundry in Baltimore so the majority of our unpacking consisted of putting away clean clothes. But the huge storage bin of NEW toys is what is really bothering me. I need to go through all of Bella's toys and reorganize everything. This child has so many toys and I'm holding on to most of her toys because baby #2 will certainly get some use out of them. I have some ideas for better storage solutions, but those will have to wait until we are settled. We had to go grocery shopping because we had absolutely nothing to eat. Even if I don't have an organized house, at least we have will have food on the table. My goal is to have everything organized and put away by the weekend, including the holiday decorations. As usual, so little time and so much to do!

Well, I've been up since 5am and I am exhausted. I have lots of pictures to post from the holidays, but I need to find some time to upload and organize the nearly 1,000 pictures we took! Geez, I have a lot to do!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment