Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Meet the baby?

Earlier this evening, the three of us headed back to Meet the Baby for our re-scheduled ultrasound. We went with minimal expectations, as baby #2 was any thing but cooperative during the last u/s and our expectations were basically met. This child HATES the u/s process and refuses to show us her (probably) beautiful little face! She was on the move the entire time and once again turned her back to us (physically). We were able to get ONE picture and the u/s technician made us a DVD of our wiggly little girl. Bella definitely didn't move this much and this child moves ALL THE TIME!!! We are really going to be in for it if she is this active on the outside...

Meet the Baby is awesome and scheduled us for another u/s when I'm 30-weeks. The plan is that she will start to run out of space to move and hopefully be less wiggly. I feel a little spoiled that we get to see her again, but then again, I'd like some decent u/s pictures of this little girl for her baby book. Hopefully she cooperates at the 30-week appointment! But Meet the Baby is a really good and I'm sure if we can't get any good shots of her, they'll schedule us for yet another u/s.

Bella was an absolute angel during the 30-minute u/s and either stood next to the table I was laying on or sat on the couch with her daddy. She even pointed to the screen and said, "baby." O-m-g, how cute is that? I still don't think she has a clue of what's about to come in April, but I think she finally realizes that something is going on with my body. She even referred to the baby as "Minnie" which is one of her favorite characters. And no need to worry, because we're not naming the baby Minnie.

I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight and I'm so congested. I'm going to drink some hot tea, make a date with my neti-pot and hope for the best. There is nothing worse than being sick while you're pregnant because there's nothing (good) you can take and you pretty much have to let it run it's course. Bummer. Anywho... I'd better make that tea and get to bed. Some extra rest would do me some good, that's for sure.


Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment