Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sundays are bittersweet

I've come to the conclusion that Sundays are bittersweet. Sundays mark the end of the weekend but also the beginning of a new week. After several great weekends with my family, I am feeling sad that the weekend is coming to an end, but I am excited about what the week has in store for us. If only every day could be a Saturday...

We headed to the zoo this morning for a brief tour de animals. We haven't been to the zoo since early December and the weather was too beautiful to be inside. We only spent about an hour and a half at the zoo but we sure did have a lot of fun. Bella rode the carousel not once... not twice... but three times! The child could not get enough of the carousel and Ian didn't want to deprive his little girl of a good time, so he gladly took her three times. The giggles, grins and squeals of pure joy made it all worth while. Anything that makes my child happy, makes me happy. Plus, I was able to enjoy a delicious chocolate brownie from the sweets shoppe while the rest of my family rode the carousel. We walked around and looked at the animals and decided to head home before lunch and nap time.


I relaxed and watched a movie during Bella's nap time, while Ian worked. Blah! This working on the weekends crap is for the birds! Luckily Ian was able to get all of his work finished during Bella's nap time so I really don't mind if he has to work. The work needs to be done and I can appreciate that. I am very much looking forward to when Ian is on paternity leave (after busy season) and having some quality time as a family... of four. Ian works harder than anyone I know (except maybe for one person... ahem, Jennifer!) and I love that about him. He steps up and offers to help with projects, even though he has his own projects and clients to worry about. He recently volunteered to travel to Virginia for 3-weeks to help out with a project, I mean, who does that? I will admit that I encouraged him to volunteer, knowing that Bella and I could travel to Baltimore while he was working on the project... on the firm's dime. My intentions were selfish, but hey, if I get a trip to Baltimore out of it AND Ian saves the day for his firm, what could be better?!?

We watched my Ravens lose to the Patriots in a game that was pretty much handed to them on a silver platter. Flacco threw an interception but the Ravens managed to get the ball back with less than 2-minutes on the clock. A questionable pass that was called incomplete prevented the Ravens from winning the game. And then the icing on the cake... the missed freakin' field goal! The Ravens lost the game because of a missed field goal. So there will be no trip to the Super Bowl for the Ravens this year, but they sure did have one hell of a season!

We enjoyed a delicious dinner of marinated London broil on the grill with grilled asparagus and baked potatoes. Speaking of baked potatoes, did you know that potatoes should bake for 1.5-2 hours?!? We baked ours for 2-hours and they were absolutely amazing! We simply brush a little olive oil, sprinkle a little salt on the potatoes and pop them in a 350 degree oven for 2-hours. It's so simple but it makes a world of difference! The London broil was pretty scrumptious, too. I marinated it for 24-hours, so the meat was so tender. Love Sunday dinners at our house!!!

It's been another great weekend around here. I'm sad to see it end and I'm sad that Ian will have to return to work tomorrow. Bella and I have a busy week planned, so I'm looking forward to everything but already can't wait for next weekend!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment