Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A productive Tuesday

Thank goodness for our weekly babysitter, otherwise I have no idea how I'd get any thing accomplished in a timely manner. The babysitter arrived early and I quickly began to check things off my to-do list.

A long, relaxing shower was first on my to-do list. I know it sounds unbelievably simple, but showering when you have a toddler means quick showers. I am happy to report that I not only had time to wash my hair, but also shave my legs, too! Sorry, too much information. But I'm sure my fellow moms can relate. I even had time to blow dry and flat iron my hair... what a luxury! Sometimes it's the little things in life that seem to count the most.

I ran several errands, which included running to the mall, Old Time Pottery, Home Depot, Gumballs & Overalls and Publix. I had to make a return to Sears and while I was there, I picked up some pajamas for Bella that were super on sale. I've been wanting a new lamp for the living room, so I headed to Old Time Pottery and picked up a floor lap and dust pan & broom set for Bella. I needed to stop by Home Depot to pick up 3-way light bulbs for the new lamp. And finally at Gumballs & Overalls, I picked up an outfit I ordered for Bella back in December. I finished up my errands with a quick trip to Publix for a few odds and ends. I had a busy morning, but I was home by noon.

With my remaining hour of the babysitter, I began going through storage bin after storage bin of Bella's baby clothes. I'm in the process of purging clothes Bella never really wore and giving those clothes to my friend Lisa, whose baby girl is due next month. I made my way through the 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothes and have a huge pile for Lisa. I began organizing and putting away the clothes we're keeping. I managed to put away everything that doesn't need to be hung up in the closet. Next week I will buy the closet organizer and begin putting those clothes away. There's no doubt about it... my girls have A LOT of clothes. I am really going to try to curb my shopping and make due with what we have, which is a ton of clothes! Although I can redeem Gymbucks tomorrow at Gymboree, so perhaps I'll stop shopping after I used my coupon.

I am pretty darn proud of myself for accomplishing so much in such a short amount of time. I really try to make the most of my "free time" when the babysitter is here. Whether it's running errands, shopping solo or doing stuff around the house, I try to have a game plan prior to the babysitter arriving so that I can take advantage of the time she is here. I look forward to Tuesdays, even though I'm usually super busy. It's nice to get stuff done without a toddler in tow.

And now it's time to catch up with a few DVR'ed shows... happy Tuesday y'all!

Love always,
Ian, Kim, Bella & Baby #2

No comments:

Post a Comment